Resources for Parents
- What is Relational Aggression?
- Realities of Relational Aggression
- Preventative Measures for Relational Aggression
- What do you do if you Suspect your Daughter is a Victim of RA?
- What do you do if you Suspect your Daughter is a Perpetrator of RA?
- What do you do if you Suspect your Daughter is a Bystander?
HGNA Recommended Resources
HGNA also works to raise public awareness of issues specific to adolescent girls by offering the following recommended resources:
- Bringing up a Moral Child by Michael Schulman and Eva Mekler
- Building Moral Intelligence by Michele Borba, Ed.D.
- Emotional Intelligence by Daniel Goleman
- Playground Politics: Understanding the Emotional Life of your School Aged Child by Stanley Greenspan
- Girl Wars-12 Strategies That Will End Female Bullying by Cheryl Dellasega, Ph.D. & Clarisse Nixon, Ph.D
- Odd Girl Out: The Hidden Culture of Aggression in Girls by Rachel Simmons
- Odd Girl Speaks Out: Girls Write about Bullies, Cliques, Popularity, and Jealousy by Rachel Simmons
- Queen Bees & Wannabes by Rosalind Wiseman
- The Bully, the Bullied, and the Bystander by Barbara Coloroso
Parenting and Families
- How to Talk so Kids will Listen and Listen so Kids will Talk by Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Families by Stephen Covey
- The Shelter of Each Other: Rebuilding Our Families by Mary Pipher, Ph.D.
- The Blessing of a Skinned Knee by Wendy Mogel
Raising Girls and Teens
- Get Out of My Life, but First Could You Drive Me and Cheryl to the Mall? by Anthony E. Wolf
- Girl in the Mirror: Mothers and Daughters in the Years of Adolescence by Nancy L. Snyderman
- Girls Will Be Girls by JoAnn Deak
- I'm Not Mad, I Just Hate You! by Roni Cohen-Sandler, Ph.D. and Michelle Silver
- Promise You Won't Freak Out by Doris Fuller and Natalie Fuller
- Raising a Daughter by Jeanne Elium and Don Elium
- Reviving Ophelia: Saving the Selves of Adolescent Girls by Mary Pipher
- Stressed Out Girls: Helping Them Thrive in the Age of Pressure by Roni Cohen-Sandler, Ph.D.
- Strong, Smart and Bold by Carla Fine
- Trust Me Mom, Everyone Else is Going by Roni Cohen-Sandler, Ph.D.
- The Wonder of Girls by Michael Gurian
- Things will be Different for my Daughter by Mindy Bingham and Sandy Stryker
- Why Girls Talk and What They're Really Saying by Susan Morris Shaffer